Four of our illustrious members brought rounds, but how well could you do? Below are a few sample questions from the night.
- What is the only thing that the Beauxbatons horses drink? (Sean)
- Albus Dumbledore has a scar in the shape of the map of the London Underground. Exactly where on his body is it? (Alex H)
- Who was the Minister for Magic before Cornelius Fudge? (Sophie)
- Which Quidditch team does Ginny Weasley join after graduating? (Sophie)
- POINTLESS: For the jackpot, name one of the top 200 Harry Potter characters.
- THE CHASE: Which birthday does Hermione say Nicolas Flamel had last celebrated in 1992: 566th, 656th or 665th?
- THE WEAKEST LINK: In A Very Potter Musical, to which other item of clothing is the Sorting Hat said to be getting married?
- BLOCKBUSTERS: What “T” is an animal which can cause a basilisk to hatch from a chicken’s egg?
That wasn’t the only quiz event this term, though, as we hosted our very own Game Show Night in Seventh Week. Along with rounds based on the classic quiz shows Blockbusters, Pointless and The Chase, the night featured a star turn by our Treasurer Alex McCormick as Anne Robinson in The Weakest Link, something those who attended will never forget… If you missed it, don’t worry—I’m sure he can be persuaded to unleash his inner Queen of Mean again at our next Game Show Night.
How well would you have done at our game shows? Here are a few questions: give us your answers in the comments below.
Rita and Xeno